In the United States and Canada, people refresh themselves with a tall glass of iced-tea on a scourging hot day.
4 tea bags
A quart of boiled water
Juice of 1 to 2 lemons (Freshly squeezed)
2/3 cup sugar (You can adjust the sugar to your particular taste)
- Place 4 tea bags into a pretty tea pot.
- Pour boiled water into the tea pot. Let it brew for at least 45 minutes. Some recipes call for 1 hour of brew time, but the tannins in the tea will make the tea bitter; so adjust the brewing time to your needs.
- Into a pitcher pour the sugar followed by the lemon juice.
- When the Tea has brewed, pour the tea into the pitcher.
- Refrigerate for several hours or until the tea is iced cold.
- Serve in tall glasses with a wedge of lemon on the rim for garnish.
Tip: You can also substitute the fresh lemon for 1 packet of Kool Aid lemonade drink mix.